Tips and tools for taking Instagram-worthy photos of your dog
If you have an adorable dog, you probably want the whole world to appreciate just how cute they are. Social media is a great platform for showing off your pup and sharing fun pictures of them. That said, taking photos of a squirmy, excitable dog isn’t always easy. Here are some pointers to help.
Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Make sure your pup is camera-ready
The perfect picture starts with the right preparation.
- Invest in the pet supplies you need to ensure your dog looks and feels their best, like quality food and dog brushes. Click here to check out online product reviews.
- Make sure your dog’s coat and nails are looking great by booking them an appointment with a local groomer.
- Get cute accessories from Pettsie like a personalized collar for your dog to wear in their photos. This will make the shots unique.
- If you’re going to dress up your dog in costumes for their pictures, make sure they’re breathable and safe.
Set up the perfect shot
Taking photos with animals can be tricky. Here are some hacks to help.
- Choose a fitting location for your pet photo shoot, like the beach or a football field.
- Bring treats to help attract your puppy’s attention and get them to sit still for the shot.
- Learn how to use a timer on your camera if you want to take photos together with your dog.
- A phone tripod stand can be another useful tool if you want to take pictures of yourself and your dog together.
Design a great post
Once you’ve got the shot, you still need to create a great Instagram post.
- Decide on an aesthetic for your dog’s Instagram in advance and stick to it for every photo you post.
- Size your image appropriately depending on whether it’s a post or story.
- Make the most of this free Instagram story template to design a great post.
- Use the right Instagram hashtags to get your pup’s post the attention it deserves.
Sharing adorable Insta snaps of your pup can be a fun way to connect with others on social media. However, you want to make sure your pictures are share-worthy. Trust the tips and tools above to help you get great shots.